Custom Hat Designs
What is “bespoke”?
Simply put: It’s a custom design. A custom order could be as simple as a variation on an existing shape and style — all the way to a new, special-order shape with custom beadwork and embroidery. Between your choices of materials, colors, shape and trimmings, truly the sky is the limit when it comes to your dream hat! There are more possible combinations than milliners to make them all!
Yes, I Do Custom Orders
If you have a special event or have a specific dream hat you want to become a reality, ordering a bespoke hat could be for you.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to start your bespoke hat.
How it Works…
- Bespoke creations take on average 2-3 weeks from deposit to completion. (Longer for elaborate designs, shorter for rush orders or simple designs.)
- You will be quoted a price based on style/shape, materials and expected design elements. For most hats, there is no charge to get a quote. For specialized designs or researching where to source unique materials, you may be asked to pay an upfront design fee (which will then be deducted from the final hat price).
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to place your hat on the schedule, order any materials and begin work.
- Email conversations and photo mockups are used to make sure your hat is perfect before it is finalized.
- After the hat is finished, it will be photographed, and the remaining 50% balance is due.
- Hat will ship immediately after final payment.
- Modifications or new requests after the deposit may incur an extra charge and/or additional time. Any increases will be advised beforehand, so there is no surprise.
- Custom order hats are not eligible for returns or refunds.
With so many possible variables going into a bespoke hat, it can seem overwhelming. You will be guided through the process and aren’t required to know all the answers at once.
Here are some basic questions you may be asked:
- What is your head size?
- Do you need it by a certain date?
- Is it for a special event (wedding, races, party, etc.)?
- What shape would you like (fedora, cloche, wide-brim, fascinator, etc.)?
- What is the primary material (felt, straw, fabric, etc.)?
- Do you have any specific color(s) in mind?
- Do you have any trim specifics (ribbon, flowers, feathers, beading, embroidery, etc.) in mind?
- Do you live outside of the United States?
You are welcome to share “inspiration” images of what you are looking for as a jumping off point — but please do not ask for a copy of another milliner’s design. Silverhill Creative Millinery will not plagiarize hat designs.
This custom hat is truly a work of art! The intricate detailing of the trim, the lining of the crown to the beautiful detail trim of the headband — absolutely stunning! Kristin, you are such a talent! Thank you again and again!
— Jacqueline H.
This hat, handcrafted by the talented owner of Silverhill Creative, is stylish and beautiful and looks great with what I am wearing to my son’s wedding! Kudos to your great talent and thank you!
— Lynn P.
I am so happy with my custom order, the hat is very beautiful and I received compliments the first day I wore it. … She helped me every step of the way, and I would recommend her shop to anyone looking for a great looking hat or something custom made.