How Do I Measure My Head?
Please read each description for appropriate head-size. Most hats are sized for average women’s head sizes (21.5″-22.5″); some are one-size-fits-all.
To measure your head, wrap a tape measure around the widest part of your head — parallel to the floor, around your forehead, above your ears and around the bump at the back of your skull.
In some cases, hats can be resized to fit a smaller or larger head size than listed. Please ask.
How Do I Care for My Hat?
Store your hat away from direct sunlight or heating sources.
If your hat will be unworn for longer periods, it is best to store it in a hat box. Hanging your hat on a hook or leaving it resting on its brim may distort the shape over time. Create a nest of tissue paper for the hat to rest in to keep its shape.
Use a soft-bristle horsehair brush to brush away any dust or surface dirt. (This type of brush can easily be found with shoe-care supplies.)
For marks or stains, spot clean by blotting with a damp cloth.
Avoid wearing your hat in the rain as it may lose its shape or the finish may get water spots.
If you need any specific advice on caring for a Silverhill Creative Millinery hat, please contact me (email@example.com). I am happy to give my customers personal advice on keeping their hats in tip-top shape!
Do You Do Custom Orders?
Whether you are looking for an existing style in a different color or a totally custom creation, I am happy to help.
Read more about bespoke services here.
Can You Refurbish or Re-Trim an Old Hat I Have?
I will be glad to refurbish or re-trim any Silverhill Creative Millinery hat or headpiece. As a general thing, I do not offer refurbishing or re-trimming services for other brands of hats.
If your hat is of high-quality felt, you can have it be the foundation for a custom order to have the hat totally remade into a new piece.
Can You Copy a Hat if I Send You a Photo?
No. … With a couple of exceptions.
I will not copy another milliner’s designs. If I know who the milliner is, I will send you their way to buy the hat from them. Likewise, please don’t ask another milliner to copy one of my designs.
• If you’re looking to have a replica of a non-iconic antique or vintage hat.
• If you are looking for a cosplay piece that is not commercially available.
• If you’re not actually looking for a copy but just a jumping off point for a totally new and original design. (E.g. “Here’s a photo of a navy fedora with a flower. Can you make me my own version of a navy fedora with a flower?” The answer would be yes.)
What Is Your Return Policy?
I want you to be happy with your hat. Therefore, I do accept returns under these guidelines:
1. Any items must be returned in Brand-New, Unworn condition.
2. If you wish to return an item, you must notify me immediately after receiving your package (within 48 hours). Do this through e-mail or Etsy. The item must then be shipped back within 2 business days after that.
3. You are responsible for ensuring it reaches me safely, so an insured method gives you the best protection. I will refund the sale price after I receive the return package. I cannot reimburse more than you paid, so I cannot pay your costs to ship it back to me.*
4. To receive the full purchase amount back, the piece must be in brand-new condition. Damaged, dirty or items that have been worn will receive a partial refund, depending on the amount of cleaning/repair needed.
If you wish to give an item as a gift, please contact me in advance of purchase. At my discretion, I may choose to extend the return window.
Unless agreed upon in advance, return requests outside of 48 hours of delivery will not be accepted.
Sale/clearance items are not eligible for returns.
Custom orders are not eligible for returns.
* If the return is due to an error on my part (e.g. wrong item), I will pay your return shipping costs.
Do You Ship Outside the United States?
Currently international orders should be purchased through my Etsy shop.
Please take a look at your country’s restrictions before purchasing. Some countries may not allow feathers, straws or other types of materials to be imported. Materials used on each piece are noted on the product page. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions.
Customs can cause delivery delays. Every country is different, and there is no way to control whether customs holds, opens or delays packages.
Some countries may charge VAT, customs duties, import fees or other taxes. These payments are the responsibility of the customer.
Do You Teach Classes?
Regular classes are not currently scheduled. Any group classes will be listed on the blog page.
If you would like to book private instruction, please email email@example.com.